EY has announced the winners of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in the Upper Midwest. This group of leading entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of regional business leaders. The winners were revealed at a black-tie gala on Wednesday, June 11, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
“EY has honored outstanding entrepreneurs for the past 28 years,” said Todd Papa, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for the Upper Midwest. “These business leaders are accomplished entrepreneurs who have contributed a tremendous amount to our communities.”
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014 Upper Midwest Award winners are:
- Amy Nelson, Founder and CEO, Accurate Home Care (Otsego, Minnesota)
- Thomas Ahern, CEO, and Robert Coughlan, Principal, Capstone (North Mankato, Minnesota)
- Matthew Dornquast, Co-Founder and CEO, Code42 (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Eric McDonald, CEO, DocuTAP (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
- Greg Thrasher, President, and Nancy Thrasher, Vice President, Foundation Supportworks, Inc. (La Vista, Nebraska)
- Chip Pearson, Managing Partner and Co-CEO, and Zach Halmstad, Founder and Co-CEO, JAMF Software (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Scott Litman, Managing Partner, and Dan Mallin, Managing Partner, Magnet 360 (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Brenton Hayden, Founder and CEO, Renters Warehouse (Minnetonka, Minnesota)
- Van Miller, CEO, VGM Group, Inc. (Waterloo, Iowa)
In addition to recognizing the regional award winners, Christopher Policinski, CEO of Land O’Lakes, was presented with the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Master Entrepreneur award for his sustained business and philanthropic leadership.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monte Carlo.
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 15, 2014. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by EY, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In the Upper Midwest, sponsors include Faegre Baker Daniels, BMO Harris, PadillaCRT, Merrill Datasite and Twin Cities Businessmagazine. Local sponsors include SALO, Lockton Companies, Pohlad Family Capital Fund LLC and The Big Picture.