Digital health incubator Rock Health has teamed up with three new corporate entities – Blue Shield of California, Deloitte and global healthcare firm Abbott.
The startups being incubated at Rock Health span the healthcare spectrum, from HIPAA compliance to life sciences and biotech. Among them:
– Accountable, an online platform that seeks to guide companies step-by-step through the HIPAA compliance process;
– Acumen, a digital video platform that enables physicians to evaluate and manage neurological disorders such as autism;
– Aptible, another company, launched last week, seeking to provide efficient HIPAA compliance services for developers;
– Benchling, a cloud-based data management platform for life sciences R&D;
– Telepharm, a web and mobile app that enables pharmacists and patients to connect anytime. Telepharm also recently raised a series A $2.5 million led by medical venture capitalist John Poppajohn and Iowa state Board of Regents President Bruce Rastetter;
– and Welkin Health, whose coaches offer daily support to type 2 disabilities patients through smartphone apps.
On the corporate partnerships, Rock Health pointed to Blue Shield of California’s recent formation, with Anthem, of the California Integrated Data Exchange, a statewide effort to share provider and claims information of some 9 million patients securely.
Deloitte’s life science and healthcare practice will partner with Rock Health. The firm recently launched ConvergeHealth, which similarly aims to securely share analytical data.
Blue Shield, Deloitte and Abbot join the likes of UnitedHeatlh, Kaiser Permanente, UCSF, Qualcomm Life, Genentech, the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School, among others, as partners with Rock Health.